Khichu or Khichiyu is a dough made from rice flour for making Papad, however owing to its taste it is also consumed as Farsan (Snack /Side Dish).
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Depends on the way you want to prepare, like spreading the mixture or making Gharas)|
|Rice flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Green chilli||2 , finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Masala||To Taste (Achar Methi masala)|
1. Heat water and add cumin, carom, sesame seeds, green chili, baking soda and salt in it.
2. Boil water in a pan for 10-15 minutes at medium to slow flame.
3. Now mix flour slowly and stir continuously using wooden spoon to prevent again lump.
4. Lid pan and keep this pan on a stove for 1 -2 minutes at slow flame.
5. Mix it every 15-20 seconds.
6. Serve in a dish and pour methi masala and oil in it.
7. Khichu is ready for serve.