This Tangy Capsicum Noodles preparation has a tongue-tingling flavour although it does not feature a large assortment of spices. It is the tangy sauce and the garnish of roasted sesame seeds that works this magic, along with regular flavour-givers like ginger and onions. Coloured capsicum give this dish a slightly spicy flavour, a lot of crunch, and brilliant colours too. Add the sesame seeds to the Tangy Capsicum Noodles just before serving to retain their crispness.
|Sliced capsicums||1 Cup (16 tbs) (red, yellow and green)|
|Boiled hakka noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated ginger||1/2 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Sliced onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For tangy sauce:|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 1/2 Teaspoon (til)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spring onion greens||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (Til, for garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a wok or a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the prepared tangy sauce and salt and mix well.
5. Add the hakka noodles, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while tossing occasionally.
6. Serve immediately garnished with roasted sesame seeds.