Fast Food Friday is back! 20 minutes is all you need to make a feast for the whole family.
|New york buffalo bites burger with spicy mayo and slaw:|
|Chicken bites||1 Box|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced green cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dill pickles||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carolina gold tacos:|
|Chicken chips||1 Box|
|Shredded wombok||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard shell tacos||4|
|Lime wedges||To Taste|
1. So firstly place the chicken bites and chips onto a lined baking tray.
2. Place the chicken bites and fries into a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and turn them just once half way through.
3. While their cooking in the oven, were going to start on our slaw - so into a bowl I’m doing shredded Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, finely sliced carrot, finely chopped red capsicum or bell pepper, diced cucumber which cools down the tongue if things get too hot. Now mix it well and set it aside.
4. For the spicy mayo for our burger, into a bowl add whole egg mayonnaise, chopped green chilli or jalapeño, freshly crushed garlic along with a garlic siracha sauce. Mix everything well and leave aside.
5. Now I love both soft and hard shell tacos so I’m using both plus I’m using sweet brioche buns that go really well with the spicy mayo and chicken. Simple warm the tacos in the oven before serving and toast the brioche buns.
6. Take the chicken bites and chicken chips out of the oven, you can see they are golden brown and still juicy on the inside, here is a real close up so you can see exactly whats inside.
7. To assemble the tacos, place mashed avocado down the middle, add the slaw along with the chicken fries and top it with salsa, crumbled feta cheese and finally some fresh coriander or cilantro.
8. For the burger, dollop on the spice mayo, add the chicken bites on top, then add chopped dill pickles over the top which gives the burger a real tang and goes great with the chicken. Next top with the slaw and serve.
9. Serve the tacos with fresh slices of lime and let everyone get stuck into it. The fresh flavours combined with the crumbed chicken is sensational and so yummy, it really takes out all the hard work so you can spend more quality time with friends and family while still enjoying 2 awesome dishes that are so tasty!