Easy one pan dinner ready for the family in under 30 minutes!
|Bell pepper||4 (green, red & yellow)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chorizo sausage||1 Large|
|Seasoning||1/2 Tablespoon (Old bay Preferrable)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||To Taste|
1. So firstly, season your shrimp or prawns with Old Bay seasoning, I love this stuff I use it all the time and it last for ages in the pantry.
2. Hit the shrimp with olive oil, then add minced garlic and stir well. So already there is great flavour going on here with the garlic and the seasoning.
3. Now place the shrimp into a large non stick pan over a medium to high heat and cook the prawns for only 2 minutes or just until they get some slight caramelisation on the outside, remove from the pan and set aside and we will finish cooking them later.
4. Meanwhile, have your vegetables prepped and ready to go - into the same pan add some fresh olive oil, next add in the onion, diced up bell peppers or capsicums, I love using different colours here it gives the dish a great look and a better variety of flavour but this is optional you can use just one colour.
5. Next I add in diced zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to get tender, don’t over cook them other wise everything will turn to mush and you don’t want that.
6. Next I add the chorizo, and cook that through for several minutes while then adding a small amount of chicken stock so the dish makes it own sauce out of all these wonderful ingredients.
7. Add the shrimp back into the pan and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, turn the heat off and scatter over fresh parsley.
8. Serve family style. Mop up all those juices with crusty buttered bread, mash or anything else that takes your fancy. Its a delightful meal to have that satisfies everyone without even breaking a sweat.