This is the only Brussel Sprout recipe you'll ever need!
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Diced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fresh brussels sprouts||12|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gouda cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. So into a saucepan over a medium to high heat, add in olive oil and then place in the Brussel sprouts, now I have cut them in half and I place the cut side down so we get a nice caramelisation on them, Brussel sprouts have got a bad reputation for tasty horrible but trust me its all in how you cook them, in this dish they taste just like a sweet cabbage and don’t get me started on how good they are for you!
2. So season them with salt and pepper, add another splash of olive oil on the top and sear them for several minutes.
3. Then I add the bacon, which I cook down until slightly crispy but still juicy on the inside.
4. I turn the sprouts over and you can see the nice brown colour they have on them, you want to do that to the other side now, so stir them around.
5. Next add in some chopped onion which will soak up all those bacon juices, and just sweat the onion down until soft.
6. Next add in your gouda cheese which I have just cut into small cubes, these will slowly melt but also will still see their shape. I also add some feta cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
7. Mix this together well until nice and creamy and heated though, it should take another 4-5 minutes in the pan.
8. To serve you can plate this up family style or individually its completely up to you and the occasion, but please try this out. Its a wonderful side dish to roast chicken, but for me its a meal in itself and its so delicious it will have you craving Brussel sprouts like never before!