Broccoli looks so good and tastes so good in this starter, you will fall head over heels in love with it! Broccoli and cheese, thoughtfully combined with potatoes, result in an irresistible starter that is crisp outside and succulently indulgent inside. The vibrant colour of broccoli stands out, making the Broccoli and Cheese Balls a visual trend-setter too! Make these and many more perfect party appetizers like Baby Corn Hara Masala , Corn Fritters , Creamy Mushroom Tartlets , Mini Chilli Cheese Naan , Pasta Cheese Balls .
|Chopped broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese cubes||10 Small|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon ((lehsun))|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiled peeled mashed potatoes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((For deep frying))|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer into a deep bowl and cool slightly.
4. Add the cornflour, potatoes and salt and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
6. Press a little in the center of each round to make a depression. Place a cheese cube in the center of each round.
7. Bring all the sides together to seal it, and roll again to form a ball.
8. Roll each ball in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep fry a few balls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
10. Serve immediately.