Looking for a healthy, impressive, and delicious side dish? This is it! You can make it ahead of time and put it in the oven right before your guests arrive. It can also be a vegetarian main!
|Vine ripe tomatoes||4|
|Quinoa||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Goat cheese||1 Ounce|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook your quinoa according to the package directions and put into a bowl and set aside.
3. With a sharp knife carefully cut off the very top of the tomato, making sure to leave the cute stem still on!
4. Using your knife cut around the inside of the tomato and then scoop out the inners of the tomato. Make sure you don’t puncture the tomato skin.
5. To the quinoa add in the pesto, pine nuts, chopped basil, chopped thyme, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine everything.
6. Add in the goat cheese and give it another stir.
7. Add a spoonful at a time of the quinoa mixture into the tomatoes making sure you pack it down.
Put the tomatoes into an ovenproof dish, top with the other tops of the tomatoes, and put into the oven
8. Let them bake 15-20 minutes until done.
9. That’s it! Yum. Serve and Enjoy!