Still finalizing your Thanksgiving menu for this week? I have the PERFECT addition. These mini pumpkins stuffed with my insanely delicious savory stuffing will WOW all of your guests. It might look difficult but guess what- it isn't! Happy Thanksgiving!
|Pumpkin pie||2 Small|
|Sage sausage||8 Ounce (((((or any kind)))))|
|Hoagie rolls||1 , cubed|
|Yellow onion||1 Small , dice|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , mince|
|Chopped fresh thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Sage leaves||5 , chop|
|Sharp white cheddar cheese||3 Ounce , grated|
|Chicken stock||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Carefully cut the tops of the small pie pumpkins off and scrape out the insides. Discard the seeds but keep the top!
3. In a large saute pan over medium high heat add your sausage and cook until no pink remains
4. While the sausage is cooking add your cubed hoagie roll onto a sheet tray and put into the preheated oven. Let it cook until slightly browned- about 5-7 minutes. Add the toasted bread into a large bowl and set aside.
5. Once the sausage is cooked through use a slotted spoon and put the sausage in to the bowl with the bread while making sure to keep the fat in the pan still.
6. To the saute pan add in the chopped onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it saute until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
7. To the cooked onions add in the chopped mushrooms and cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
8. Once the mushrooms are cooked add in the minced garlic, thyme, and sage. Let it cook until the garlic is fragrant.
9. Add the cooked vegetables into the bowl with the bread and sausage.
10. In a small bowl whisk together 1 egg with the chicken stock. Add the liquid into the bowl with the bread as well as the grated sharp white cheddar. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper and give it a big stir to combine.
11. Add the two cleaned mini pumpkins to a sheets tray as well as the tops of the pumpkins. Add in the stuffing to the cleaned out pumpkins and put into the oven.
12. Let them bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how large the pumpkins are. I had smaller pumpkins so I only baked them 45 minutes.
13. Take out of the oven, put the tops on the pumpkin, and serve! How cute are these?! Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!