Who says you need to wait until the sun goes down to celebrate Halloween? This easy to make Halloween breakfast recipe will become a staple for every year! Not only are they spooky but theyre SO cute! BOO!
|Puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry jelly||To Taste|
|Egg||1 (((((((((((for brushing)))))))))))|
|White chocolate chips||To Taste (((((((((((For Eyes)))))))))))|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
2. Roll out your sheet of puff pastry on a flour dusted surface. I like doing it on parchment paper for easy clean up!
3. Cut 4 large rectangles about 2 inches thick and 4 inches long from the puff pastry.
4. With the remaining puff pastry cut it into 1/2 and 1/4 inch strips.
5. In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, almond extract, lemon zest, and powdered sugar.
6. To the puff pastry rectangle add an even layer of the cream cheese, making sure to leave a small border of puff pastry.
7. To the top of the cream cheese add a teaspoon or so of the raspberry jelly to the top.
8. Using a strip at a time lay them over the puff pastry in all different directions, cutting the excess off, making it look like a mummy. Make sure to leave a little area at the top where eyes will go.
9. Once they’re all wrapped put them on a parchment lined sheet tray, brush with the egg wash, and put into the preheated oven.
10. Let them cook until slightly golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.
11. Once out (they will be puffed up at first but then go down) put two little eyes on them, and they’re ready to be gobbled up! Happy Halloween everyone!