This recipe is perfect for those busy nights where you want a delicious tasty meal, fast!
|Chicken breasts||500 Gram (boneless skin removed)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. So into a non stick pan over a medium to high heat add in olive oil, next add the chicken breast, you can make this go even further by cutting them in half which will also speed up your cooking time. I like them like this as they stay really juicy.
2. Season them will salt and pepper on both sides and cook for 8 minutes each side but that will depend on how thick your chicken breast are and mine are pretty thick. When you turn them you want to see this lovely golden brown, when cooked leave them to rest while we make you cream sauce.
3. Into a pan over a medium heat add in your cream and homemade chicken stock, yes you can buy it but homemade chicken stock is amazing and really lifts the flavour in simple dishes like this.
4. Next add in dried Italian herbs, which is a combination of marjoram, basil, rosemary, oregano, parsley and thyme.
5. Next add in the garlic and onion powder, followed by a helping of freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is why I’m not adding salt to the cream because that parmesan is naturally salty.
6. Using a whisk mix everything together well and bring the cream to a boil, lower the temperature down and reduce which should take around 8 minutes. To finish off, place in some sun-dried tomatoes along with fresh baby spinach, the spinach will collapse right down and the sun dried tomatoes will just ooze their colour and flavour into the sauce. The cream will also plump them up again and they’ll become nice and juicy.
7. Add the chicken and its resting juices back into the pan to warm the chicken through and then plate up. I love serving this up family style, just drop the pan down in the centre of the table and let everyone get stuck in, or you can plate it up but simple mounding the spinach an tomatoes in the centre of the plate and placing the chicken on top and the saucing the plate.
8. Its a truly wonderful family meal, serve it with crusty bread and I guarantee you that peoples tastes buds will be satisfied!