My earliest memories of Croquettes were eating them at George's Restaurant Bar in Panjim, Goa. Now, I have not been to Goa in forever but I do know that this restaurant is located next to an iconic church. Panjim or Panaji is the capital city of Goa but you don't have to be there to eat this delicious meat cutlet. This delicious specialty is made with cooked meat, shaped, dipped in semolina and deep fried is pretty much available all over Goa.
|Hot oil||1 Tablespoon , divided (in total)|
|Diced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced green chili||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground beef||500 Gram (about 1 lb)|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat up the 2 tbsps of oil and saute the onion and green chilli till the onions are caramelized.
2. Add the ground meat and break up the lumps.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste.
4. Add half the salt and the spices.
5. Mix this in well and add the vinegar and the other half of salt.
6. Add the coriander and mix it in.
7. Allow it to cool.
8. Process this till the mixture is smooth.
9. Turn this out into a bowl.
10. Take two of the three slices and soak in water and wring it out and mix this into the mixture.
11. Add one slice of the dry bread and mix it in.
12. Add the egg, mix well and chill.
13. Shape into cylinders, dip in semolina and deep fry in hot oil
14. Serve and enjoy!