This Moroccan Chicken And Lentils Ras el Hanout recipe - is more of a Moroccan Inspired chicken recipe.
It's an easy weeknight one pan chicken dinner that uses a ras el hanout spice mix for a bold robust flavour combo. Ras el hanout chicken tagine... in a regular pan!
|Bone in skin on chicken thigh||6|
|Onion||1 Medium , chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Ras el hanout||30 Milliliter (2 Tbsp)|
|Canned cherry tomatoes||398 Milliliter (whole cherry tomatoes, 1 can / 14 ounce)|
|Vinegar||30 Milliliter (pomegranate, date, red wine, etc, 2 tbsp)|
|Brown lentils||250 Milliliter , rinsed (1 cup)|
|Dates||10 , chop (500 ml)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400°F).
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof fry pan over medium/high heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Brown the chicken on both sides until golden.
5. Remove chicken from the pan and adjust oil levels..
6. Add onions, and cook until softened but not brown.
7. Add in crushed garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add in ras el hanout, tomatoes, vinegar, lentils, and chopped dates.
9. Stir to combine everything in the pan..
10. Then stir in the stock.
11. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan.
12. place pan, uncovered, into oven and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
13. Check at about 15-20 minutes to see if you need to add more liquid (stock or water).
14. Continue cooking until lentils and chicken are cooked through.
15. Serve and enjoy!