This 1938 Depression Era Orange Ade Recipe is an amazing make at home Orange crush soda pop recipe.
|Citric acid||2 Ounce|
|Lemons||3 , juiced|
|Water||2 Quart (imperial water)|
1. Into a heatproof 4 quart or larger container; mix together sugar, citric acid, the zest of 4 oranges, and 2 quarts boiling water.
2. Mix thoroughly to dissolve all of the sugar.
3. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
4. Juice the oranges and lemons.
5. Mix the juice and the sugar water, and allow to stand for at least 24 hours before use.
6. Keep in a cool place.
7. Mix 1 part orange ade with 3 parts water or club soda and serve.
Between the oranges and lemons, you'll get about 750 mL of juice.