1886 Pemberton Coca Cola Recipe Test
Ever wonder how to make the worlds favourite soda pop Coca Cola? Very few people know the 'real' secret recipe... but there are versions out there hand written by the inventor of Coke - John Pemberton. (Watch Part 2: Our diy Coca Cola recipe follows his 1886 version. Glen got the idea to do this back in 2011 from an NPR radio show called 'This American Life', but getting the ingredients for Coca Cola wasn't easy... and still isn't.
|Please watch the video for ingredients!|
1. Mix together all of the ingredients of the 7X Flavour.
2. Set this aside in a sealed bottle.
3. Heat the water sugar and caramel in a large pot.
4. Stirring continuously, just until sugar is dissolved.
5. Take off the heat and mix in vanilla, caffeine, lime juice and citric acid.
6. Stir to fully combine.
7. Add a measured amount of 7X flavouring to the sugar syrup.
8. Serve and enjoy!