We made the most watched 台湾 盐酥鸡 Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken Recipe 鹽酥雞 on Youtube... and it was amazing! This super crispy fried chicken is full of flavour and so easy to make.
|Boneless chicken thighs||450 Gram|
|Soy sauce||5 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Ground white pepper||2 Milliliter (about 1/2 tsp)|
|Salt||2 Milliliter (about 1/2 tsp)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|All purpose flour||75 Milliliter (about 1/3 cup)|
|Five spice powder||1 Milliliter (about 1/4 tsp)|
|Baking powder||1 Milliliter (about 1/4 tsp)|
|Sweet potato||375 Milliliter (about 1 1/2 cups, Sweet potato flour)|
|Oil||1 Liter (For deep frying)|
|Thai basil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Mix the soy, white pepper, salt, and garlic into the chicken.
3. Allow to marinade 15-20 minutes.
4. Mix together the flour, salt, five spice, baking powder, and water into a paste.
5. Stir the flour paste into the chicken, and fully coat.
6. Pour the sweet potato flour onto a large rimmed plate.
7. Toss the chicken pieces into the potato flour to coat.
8. Set the coated chicken aside to 'dry' for 5-10 minutes while the oil heats.
9. Heat the frying oil to 160ºC (325ºF).
10. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown, and remove from the oil to a plate.
11. After the last of the chicken is fried - increase the oil temp to 180ºC (350ºF).
12. Fry the chicken a second time until crispy.
13. Serve and enjoy!