Every Goan, East Indian or Mangalorean family have their own versions of this simple dish. Chilly fry can be made with Beef, Chicken, Shrimp or even Fish. Beef and Shrimp are the most popular ones. This is one of those dishes you make when you're in a rush. My recipe is super simple - give it a try!
1. Marinate the Shrimp in the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric and chilli powder.
2. Heat the oil and saute the cubed potatoes and keep aside.
3. In the same hot oil saute the onions till they are golden brown and then add the chillies.
4. Add the shrimp and all the marinade and saute.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add half the vinegar and mix.
7. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook.
8. Add the potatoes.
9. Add more salt to taste and if it needs a touch more vinegar, add another tsp.
10. Garnish with coriander and serve.