Here's a superb Super Bowl spread with recipes fresh from the garden and great for any occasion.
|For jalapeno ranch dip:|
|Buttermilk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Jalapenos||2 (stemmed and seeded)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon (about a handful)|
|Cherry tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon (or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder)|
|Chopped scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|For veggie quesadillas:|
|Red sweet bell peppers/Green sweet pepper||1/2 Medium (cut into bite|
|White onion||1/2 Medium , halved (thinly sliced)|
|Fresh serrano||1 , halved (seeded, and cut into thin strips)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|White corn tortillas||4 (about 4x6|
|Nonstick cooking spray||4 Dash|
|Shredded monterrey jack cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (about 2 ounces)|
|Tomato slices||2 , thinly sliced (halved crosswise)|
|Snipped fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Light dairy sour cream||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Lime wedges||2 (optional)|
|For vegetarian chili:|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , mince|
|Chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned black beans||16 Ounce , drained (1 can)|
|Canned pinto beans||16 Ounce , drained (1 can)|
|Canned yellow corn||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR JALAPENO RANCH DIP:
1. -Place everything in a food processor and puree.
2. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips.
This can be prepared the night before so it's one less thing you need to worry about, just pull the dip out of the fridge and you're ready to go!
1. Wash 2-3 cups of cherry tomatoes and place them to the side.
2. Chop off the top of red bell pepper and scoop out the ribbing and seeds.
3. With an electric mixer, blend 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of cream cheese together.
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
5. Scoop this mixture into the hollowed bell pepper. (option: garnish with parsley).
6. Place the pepper on a platter, scatter the cherry tomatoes around the dip on the platter, and let your guests enjoy!
FOR VEGGIE QUESADILLAS:
1. In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
2. Then add half of a green bell pepper that's been cut into strips, half of a thinly sliced onion and 1 Serrano pepper that's been cut into strips for about 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Now you'll need 4 corn tortillas, 6 inch. Lightly coat one side of each tortilla, with cooking spray.
4. On the uncoated side of two of the tortillas, divide a half a cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese, top with onion, pepper mixture, a few tomato slices, and 1 tablespoon of cilantro (optional).
5. Top with remaining tortillas, making sure the side coated with cooking spray, faces up.
6. Next, heat a very large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadillas for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve warm.
8. Be sure to set out small bowls of light sour cream, extra cilantro and some lime wedges for toppings!
FOR VEGETARIAN CHILI:
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in medium pot.
2. Add 1 cup of chopped red onion, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of chili powder and 2 teaspoons of cumin.
3. Sauté this mixture over medium heat until the onion is soft.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring everything to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. (You can add a little more water depending on how thick you like your chili.)
6. Serve and enjoy!
This can also be prepared the night before and reheated just before game time!