Craving Mozzarella Sticks on a low carb diet? Try these out!
|Mozzarella cheese sticks||8 (Thick Cut)|
|Almond flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the Mozzarella block into 8 (or more) thick sticks and set aside.
2. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl or onto a plate. Using a fork, whisk the egg until the yolk and white are well combined.
3. In a separate shallow bowl or plate, mix the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder until well combined.
4. Break apart any clumps that might be in the almond flour so you have a smooth mix.
5. Roll the cheese sticks in the egg and then in the flour mixture. Roll once again in the egg and then again in the flour mixture.
6. Twice should be enough to coat the cheese stick, but if you feel it needs more, repeat.
7. Place the breaded cheese sticks on a foil lined baking sheet and freeze completely.
8. When frozen, place each cheese stick in the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer only.
9. Cook at 200C/400F for 5-7 minutes depending on your air fryer.
10. Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!