This chicken and rice recipe was something I created because I had a craving for rice and chicken. I love olives and it seemed so right to add to the dish. It all turned out delish! Enjoy
|Chicken thighs/Chicken legs||5 (bone in and skin on)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried rosemary||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small , chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Grated cauliflower||6 Cup (96 tbs) (aka cauliflower rice)|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salsa||2 Tablespoon (restaurant style)|
|Spanish manzanilla olives||15 , cut in half (stuffed with pimiento)|
|Chicken broth/Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sazon seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and half a packet of Sazon.
3. Heat the cast iron skillet then add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, rosemary and thyme.
4. Add the seasoned chicken skin side down and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Flip the chicken and cook an additional 4 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet then add the unsalted butter.
7. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes.
8. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more. Add the cauliflower rice, cook for 1 minute more.
9. Add the salsa, cilantro, turmeric, olives with pimentos and salt to taste.
10. Combine seasoning with the rice.
11. Add the olives and the chicken broth and combine.
12. Top with the chicken pieces and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and liquid has absorbed.
13. Serve and enjoy!