Just like Butter Chicken, this Makhni gravy is mildly spiced and buttery and meatballs are poached in this luscious gravy.
|Ground meat||1 Kilogram (Beef, Lamb or Mutton)|
|Dried kashmiri red chilies||15|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green chilies||2 , slice (1/4 cup)|
|Fresh chopped ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw cashew nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced fresh tomato||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek||1 Pinch (Kasuri Methi)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Add the spices to the ground meat and keep aside.
2. Deseed the Kashmiri chillies and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil and add the whole spices.
4. Add the onions and saute till it’s golden brown.
5. Add the red chilies.
6. Add the green chilies, ginger, and garlic.
7. Add the cashew nuts.
8. Add the tomatoes and saute.
9. Add some water, put the pressure cooker lid on and pressure cook (see notes in video about an alternative).
10. Cook till one whistle, remove and cool.
11. Add to a food processor with some water and blend to a paste.
12. In the same pot add the butter and allow to melt.
13. Using a strainer, strain the paste into the pot.
14. Put the reserved solids back into the processor 1 -2 times with water and puree again.
15. Strain this as well into the pot and allow the gravy to come to a boil.
16. Add salt to taste and dried fenugreek.
17. Form the meatballs and drop into the gravy and allow to cook for 10 mins.
18. Finish off with cream.
19. Serve and enjoy!