It couldn't be easier. Chilly fry is great with bread, roti or rice. I like to serve it with some dhal for a perfect home cooked comfort meal!
|Beef/Lamb||1 Kilogram (or mutton)|
|Lime||1/2 , juice extracted|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Green chillies||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baby potato slices||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilies||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Marinate the meat cubes with the lime juice, powdered spices, salt & pepper.
2. Add oil to a pressure cooker and add the whole spices.
3. Remove the whole spices and keep aside in a small cheesecloth and tie it.
4. Add the meat into the flavored oil and cook for a few minutes till you see a lot of juice come out of the meat.
5. Add the spice bag in, cover the pressure cooker and cook for one whistle.
6. Cool and open the lid, add 1/2 cup of water and close again.
7. Cook for 2 - 3 whistles till the meat is tender.
8. Cook open to dry up all the gravy.
9. Remove and shred the meat.
10. Heat some oil and saute the potatoes and keep aside.
11. In the same oil add the onions and cook till caramelized.
12. Add the green chilies.
13. Add the shredded meat back in with salt, pepper, coriander and chili powder and mix.
14. Serve and enjoy!