Italian recipes... so much passion. Here's our version of a bolognese sauce, use it on pasta, use it in lasagne, or just heat it up with some crusty bread. No one will ever know the true original bolognese recipe, that's lost in the midst of time. Everyone has their own grandmother's bolognese recipe, every bolognese recipe is different.
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium (finely diced)|
|Celery ribs||4 (finely diced)|
|Carrots||2 Medium (finely diced)|
|Medium ground beef||500 Gram (1 pound)|
|Medium ground pork||500 Gram (1 pound)|
|Dry white wine||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Grated nutmeg||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Full fat milk||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Canned tomato paste||185 Milliliter (1 can of 6 ounce)|
|Water/Chicken stock||250 Milliliter (1 cup or as needed)|
1. Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over med-high heat.
2. Sweat onions, celery, and carrot, until softened but not browned.
3. Add beef, and pork and cook breaking up chunks, until no longer pink.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add wine and reduce by ⅔.
6. Grate in some nutmeg.
7. Stir in tomato paste, and milk; cover and gently simmer, for 2-3 hours.
8. Check occasionally, adding water or chicken stock if needed.
9. Serve and enjoy!
1. If you want you can cook it in a preheated 140ºC (275ºF) oven for 3 hours, checking occasionally, adding water or chicken stock if needed.