A classic Oriental treat for your taste buds, the Potato, Mushroom and Capsicum Stir-Fry is made quickly and easily with readily available ingredients. Remember to cook the potatoes only till they are 80 percent done, otherwise, they will turn into a mash by the time the recipe is done! Done perfectly, this recipe will result in a beautiful and vivid blend of flavors and textures, dominated by capsicum, spring onions, ginger-garlic paste, and Chinese sauces.
|Potato slices||2 Cup (32 tbs) , parboiled (cut into fingers like slices)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (khumbh)|
|Sliced green capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (adrak|
|Thinly sliced spring onion whites||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||2 Tablespoon|
1.Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potato fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame 4 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the capsicum, mushrooms and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.