Here is another interesting way to make your family consume more of healthy beets. With a blend of common masalas and everyday ingredients, grated beetroot and carrot emerge into an irresistible snack. The bread slice helps to hold together the other ingredients while imparting an exciting crunch to the Mini Beetroot Tikkis.
|Boiled grated beetroot||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (peeled)|
|Grated carrot||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread slice||1 Small (soaked in water and crumbled)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mango powder||1/4 Teaspoon (amchur)|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (plus extra for rolling)|
|Oil||1/2 Liter (For deep frying)|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
|Green chutney||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into 25 mm. (1”) flat round tikki.
3. Roll the tikkis in the cornflour till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
4. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the tikkis, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Serve immediately with green chutney or tomato ketchup.