Zucchini and yellow pepper sautéed with a combination of spices and herbs forms a great topping for French bread coated with Mayo spread comprising mayonnaise, parsley and chilli sauce. The interplay of flavours is fantastic but the blend of textures is even more exhilarating, with crisp bread, crunchy veggies and a smooth spread clamoring for attention in each bite of the Zucchini and Yellow Pepper Toast.
|For the bread slices:|
|French bread slices||8|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon (for greasing and brushing)|
|For the topping:|
|Thinly sliced zucchini||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (unpeeled)|
|Sliced yellow capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1/2 Teaspoon (paprika)|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the mayo spread:|
|Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black olive slices||8 (optional)|
FOR THE BREAD SLICES:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°c (400°f).
2. Arrange the bread slices on a greased baking tray.
3. Brush all the bread slices with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till they are crisp. Keep aside.
FOR THE TOPPING:
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the zucchini and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chili flakes, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Divide the topping into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
FOR THE ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW PEPPER TOAST:
1. Divide the mayo spread into 8 equal portions.
2. Place the toasted bread slices on a flat dry surface, apply 1 portion of the mayo spread evenly on each toasted bread slice and spread 1 portion of the topping evenly over it.
3. Serve immediately.