This homemade biscuit recipe is simple to prepare and requires no rolling, cutting, or even dropping. They are packed full of bacon and cheese and flavor!
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 2/3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||8 (cooked crisp and crumbled)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Melt butter in the oven in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan that has at least 2-inch sides.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Stir in buttermilk, cheese, and bacon.
5. Stir until just combined being careful not to over-work the dough, this will make it tough.
6. Pour into the pan over the melted butter.
7. With a sharp knife, score the biscuits in 9 equal portions.
8. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cooked through and brown on top.
9. Remove from oven and cut into squares using the score lines as a guide.
10. Serve immediately.