This Crispy Roast Potato And Bacon recipe is a cross between our crispy potato stack recipe and our French Tartiflette recipe. Easy to make, easy to cook, and it looks great ion any dinner table!
|Unsalted butter||45 Gram , melt (3 tbsp)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Bacon||125 Gram , chop (5 ounces)|
|Onions||125 Gram , slice (5 ounces)|
|Potatoes||1 1/2 Kilogram , slice (1 pound)|
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
2. In a small pan over low heat, melt the butter.
3. In a mortar and pestle, grind up thyme leaves, garlic cloves and black pepper.
4. Add thyme mixture to butter and allow to 'steep' over low heat.
5. Fry bacon in the cast iron pan, that you'll cook the potatoes in.
6. Add sliced onions to partially fried bacon, and continue cooking until onion has softened.
7. With a mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly crosswise.
8. Remove bacon from heat, and transfer to a bowl.
9. In a large bowl mix sliced potatoes with butter mixture.
10. Gather potatoes into horizontal 'stacks' and arrange in the pan you fried the bacon.
11. Spread the bacon onion mix overtop, and wedge the pieces into the potatoes.
12. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
13. Bake about 75 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through with a crispy top.
14. Serve and enjoy!