Chilli Baby Corn has become a taken-for-granted starter on most party menus these days. It is also a popular starter at restaurants.
Its crunchy, exciting texture and vibrant flavour make it popular amongst foodies, especially those who love tongue-tickling, spicy stuff.
|Sliced baby corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chillies||3 , slitted|
|Finely chopped ginger||1/2 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (greens and whites)|
|Finely chopped celery||2 Teaspoon (ajmoda)|
|Sliced capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1/2 Liter (For deep frying)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornflour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon (kalimirch)|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and dip a few babycorn pieces in the prepared batter and deep-fry few at a time till they are light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, ginger, garlic, spring onion whites and greens, and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the capsicum, and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, cornflour-water mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds, while stirring it continuously.
6. Add the deep-fried baby corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to minutes, while stirring it continuously.
7. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.