East meets West in this innovative Aloo Chaat Tacos. Borrowing a few interesting ideas from Mexican cuisine, this awesome starter features taco shells stuffed with a chatpata potato filling, laced with creamy curd and tongue-tickling sweet chutney. If you want the snack a bit spicier, you can add green chutney or other spicy chutneys too. The spice levels can generally be altered according to your taste.
Serve this easy-to-make starter at your next party, and watch your guests marvel at the desi taco creation!
|For the aloo stuffing:|
|Boiled potato cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mango powder||1/8 Teaspoon (amchur)|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped iceberg lettuce||5 Tablespoon|
|Whisked curd||10 Teaspoon (dahi)|
|Sweet chutney||5 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
FOR THE ALOO STUFFING:
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potatoes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the potatoes are brown from all the sides while stirring occasionally.
2. Combine the potatoes, onions, coriander, chaat masala, dried mango powder, chili powder and salt in a deep bowl and toss well. Keep aside.
1. Fill a taco shell with 1 tbsp of the iceberg lettuce and 1 tbsp of the aloo stuffing evenly over it.
2. Put 2 tsp of curds, 1 tsp of sweet chutney, ½ tsp of coriander and ¼ tsp cumin seeds powder evenly over it.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 4 more tacos.
4. Serve immediately.