Veggie balls deep-fried to a perfect golden brown and tossed in Schezuan sauce, this Indo-Chinese snack is a perfect starter for parties. Enticingly crisp with a palate-warming flavour, the Schezuan Fingers is a snack that'll be relished by young and old alike. Try other such tasty starters like Paneer Potato and Corn Balls or Pasta Cheese Balls.
|Schezuan sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped french beans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Cornflour||2 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (maida)|
|Oil||1 Liter (For deep frying, plus 1 tsp extra for greasing and 2 tsp for frying the spring onions)|
|Sliced spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (whites and greens)|
1. Combine the cabbage, carrot, French beans, coriander, 1 tbsp Schezuan sauce, cornflour, plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well with hands.
2. Divide the mixture into 22 equal portions and shape each portion into an oval by rolling it between your palms and fingers using a little oil. While shaping the fingers, keep greasing your hands with oil as and when required.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry a few fingers at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
4. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the remaining schezuan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
6. Add the deep-fried fingers, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens and toss well.
8. Serve immediately.