Sharkara Payasam is a South Indian dessert recipe made with rice, jaggery, coconut and dry fruits. This Payasam recipe is specially made during festive occasions. So do try it at home.
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Ghee||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Cardamom powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated coconut||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar crystals||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a cooker, add rice, water and pressure cook it for 2 whistles on low flame.
2. In a cup of jaggery add water and dilute it. Add the jaggery syrup to the pressure cooked rice, give it a mix and cook it again until it becomes nice and thick.
3. In a vessel, heat ghee, add coconut, cashews, raisins and fry them till the cashews turn golden brown.
4. Add it to the rice mixture and keep some aside to garnish. Add cardamom powder, coconut, sugar crystals, give it a mix and cook it on flame for a minute. Garnish it with cashew, raisins and coconut pieces.
5. Our Sharkara Payasam is ready to serve. Enjoy!