Today we're making Chicken Adobo. A classic Filipino dish, that varies from family to family. This recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free.
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (use as required)|
|Cane vinegar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Bay leaf||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Start out by mincing two bulbs of garlic. Yes, bulbs. A lot of recipes also call for bay leaves but my mom isn't fond of them, so we'll leave them out.
2. Next, crack some fresh black pepper on your chicken. Be sure not to add salt it since you'll get your salt from your soy sauce.
3. Toss it into your pot and add your chicken broth to cover with a 1/3 cup soy sauce and your garlic.
4. Stir, cover, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Once your 30 minutes are up, add your 1/3 cup of cane vinegar and simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure not to stir--just walk away!
6. When it's done, you could serve it with rice, or do what we did and used the leftover sauce with our cauliflower rice.