Today, we're making atsarang mangga, or pickled mango relish. The perfect complement to anything you may be grilling this summer!
|Coconut vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raw coconut palm sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green mangoes||2 Medium|
1. In a small-medium saucepan mix all ingredients over medium high heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Then simmer for about 15-20 mins. Take off from heat, set aside and let it cool to room temp.
Rest of the procedure:
3. Once the syrup is cooled. In a large container or pot combine the veggies and the syrup and soak for about 45 mins.
4. If the liquid is too low add a bit of water to top it off but keep in mind the vegetables will soak up a good amount of it. 5. After 45 min or once the veggies had absorbed the flavors it is ready to be served or transfered into a mason jar.
6. This recipes fills a 250 ml jar. The longer it soaks, the more robust the flavor will be.
7. Eat it with anything you may be BBQing, or by itself as a side salad.