Watch Chef Sneha Nair make Chicken Kurma in her unique yet easy way only on Get Curried. Chicken cooked in coconut milk gravy along with a hint of various spices results into rich and finger licking delicious Chicken Kurma. Make it yourself and experience how your taste buds go crazy over it. Pair it up with a Roti or Rice and enjoy the delicious delicacy of Kerala.
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium , finely chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh)|
|Chopped cashew nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as required)|
1. In a pan toast cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves.
2. In a thick pan add coconut oil and onions and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
3. While the onions are cooking, grind the freshly desiccated coconut, chopped cashew nuts, green chilies, and poppy seeds into a smooth paste.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, freshly chopped tomatoes to the onions and mix it well.
5. Add turmeric, salt and some water and cook the mixture. 6. Add the coconut and cashew paste to the onions and let it cook.
7. Meanwhile grind the toasted spices in a mortar.
8. Add chicken breast to the whole mixture and mix it well.
9. Add a little water and cook till the chicken is done.
10. Add the roughly ground spices to the chicken.
11. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for a few more minutes.
12. Chicken Kurma is ready to be served!