Learn how to make Chicken Ghee Roast at home with Sneha on Get Curried. What is Indian food without its spices? And the case of chicken ghee roast is no different. So watch learn how to make Chicken Ghee Roast with chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chillies||15|
|Black peppercorns||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind water||To Taste|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||To Taste|
1. Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, yogurt and turmeric powder and keep aside for an hour.
2. In a thick bottomed pan, roast the dry red chillies, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Switch off the flame and let the spices cool down.
3. Add the roasted spices in a mixer jar. Add garlic cloves, tamarind water and grind the spices together to a fine paste.
4. In a pan add 1/4th cup of ghee and place the marinated chicken and cook it till the chicken is 70% done.
5. Add the remaining yogurt mix, in the pan, combine it with the oil and masalas and store it aside in a bowl.
6. In the same pan add the ground masala and let it cook on a low flame. Add 2 tbsp of ghee to the masala.
7. Add the yogurt stock, salt, jaggery and add the cooked chicken to the pan.
8. Keep coating the chicken with the masalas on a low flame for 5 mins.
9. Serve while hot and enjoy!