Watch and learn how to make Chettinad Fish Curry with our Chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried. Chettinad style fish curry recipe is native to the Chettinad region of Southern India. This delicious curry recipe is simple and easy to make and can be relished with hot steamed rice.
|Onions||2 , chopped finely|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
1. In a pan add coconut oil, 3-4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 inch of ginger, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato and cook it until the onions turn brown.
2. In a blender add the cooked onions and tomato, 1 cup shredded coconut, 1 tsp of fennel seeds, 2 tsp of coriander seeds and blend it into thick paste.
3. In a pan add coconut oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 6-7 pods of garlic, 1/2 inch of ginger, 2-3 slit green chillies, curry leaves, 1 chopped onion, salt, ground masala and give them a mix.
4. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp of red chilli powder, tamarind water and mix it well. Fill the pan half with water, add some coriander leaves and allow it to cook for 8-10 mins.
5. Add 2 pieces of Indian mackerel and cook it for next 5-7 mins on low flame.
6. Chettinad Fish Curry is ready to be served!