Watch Chef Sneha Nair make an interesting and tasty dessert recipe, Ada Payasam only on Get Curried. A classic dessert recipe from God's own country, Ada Payasam is the perfect way to end your Kerala meal. It is extra useful when you have sweet teeth to satisfy very little time in hand. But there is but one essential pre-requisite: you need to make a trip to the nearest South Indian store get yourself a packet of Ada and the dessert is yours to make enjoy!
|Full fat milk||1 Liter|
|Ada mixture||60 Gram ((ada, sugar & 2|
|Cashew nut||To Taste|
|Ghee||3 Tablespoon ((use as required))|
1. Take one litre of milk and bring it to boil. Once boiled, lower the heat and bring the quantity to half in order to get a thick consistency of milk.
2. Once the milk reduces to half the quantity, add the ada, sugar and cardamom mixture.
3. Keep steering it and make sure there are no lumps.
4. Check on ada if that's cooked as it gets soft once cooked.
5. Keep the payasam a side to rest for 30 seconds.
6. Heat ghee and fry cashew nuts till golden brown.
7. Once the cashew nuts are golden brown, add them over the payasam.
8. Add two strands of saffron over the payasam to get the lovely colour.
9. Serve and Enjoy!