Learn how to make Chicken Kadai at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Chicken Kadai or Karai is a Pakistani and North Indian dish noted for its spicy taste. This spicy yummy North Indian recipe tastes juicy with distinct flavour of bell pepper and spices. So watch and learn how to make Chicken Kadai at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
|For masala and marination:|
|Garam masala||To Taste|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 1/2 Inch|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|For kadai chicken:|
|Boneless chicken||250 Gram|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
|Onions||2 , slice|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium (use as required)|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon (or less)|
|Coriander leaves||To Taste|
1. For masala:
1. In a pan add dry red chillies, cinnamon, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and roast them.
2. Grind together the roasted spices.
3. Add half of the masala into a bowl of clean boneless chicken.
4. Make ginger and garlic paste by grinding together ginger, garlic and water. Add half the paste into the chicken.
5. Add turmeric, salt, lemon juice and marinate the chicken properly. Refrigerate it for half an hour.
For Making Kadai Chicken:
6. In a pan add ghee and cook on low flame. Add bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves and let the spices tamper.
7. Add chopped onion and once they become translucent.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and mix it well. Add green chillies and stir it properly.
9. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on high flame.
10. Add the masala and salt and give it a proper stir.
11. Add the marinated chicken into the pan and cook on high flame.
12. Cover it with the lid and let it cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
13. Add green pepper and cover the lid and cook it for more five minutes. Add coriander leaves and stir properly.
14. Add a pinch of garam masala.
15. Kadai Chicken is ready to be served. Enjoy!