Chilla is one of the most handy breakfasts one can think of! There is a lot of variety to choose from, it is quick and easy to prepare, and usually does not require complex procedures to make the batter. Lets say its our own desi alternative to pancakes! Heres an easy and spicy Rava Chilla that you can prepare in a whiz even on a busy morning. Just mix the batter and set it aside for a while till you get other things ready, then bring out the tava, cook your chillas and enjoy them before heading out to face the day. You will love the crunch of onions and the aroma of coriander in this snazzy Rava Chilla, which tastes great with green chutney.
|Semolina||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (rava / sooji)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Chilli powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Tumeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Asafoetida||1/4 Teaspoon (hing)|
|Oil||7 1/2 Teaspoon (For greasing and for cooking)|
|Green chutney||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1.Combine the rava and cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
2. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 minutes.
3. Add all the other ingredients along with cup of water and mix well.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with tsp of oil and pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it lightly to make a 125 mm. (5) diameter circle. Cook using 1 tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
5. Repeat step 4 to make 5 more chillas.
6. Serve immediately with green chutney.