Chhuta Moong Dal, is perfect for a week night dinner as this recipe is simple, quick and light on your tummy.
|Yellow moong dal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (split yellow gram, soaked in hot for 2 hours and drained)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Asafoetida||1/4 Teaspoon (hing)|
|Tumeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon (dhania)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
1. Soak dal for 2 hours in hot water and keep it aside.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the yellow moong dal, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
6. Serve hot.