Learn How To Make Dal Makhani in a healthy way from our Chef Nupur Sampat.
|Black lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kidney beans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pigeon peas||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For cashew cream:|
|Cashews||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as required)|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add cumin seeds, onions, salt and cook on low flame. Add tomato puree and stir.
2. Make a potli from a muslin cloth of Garam Masala ingredients as shown in the video and add it to the pot.
3. Now add the cooked dal to this and mash it partially.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder and water.
5. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Grind the cashews and water to a smooth paste in a mixer/grinder.
7. In a tempering kadhai, heat oil and add the tempering ingredients to it.
8. Remove the masala potli from the cooked dal and add the tempering followed by the cashew cream to it and stir.
9. Nutritious and healthy Dal Makhani is ready to eat! Enjoy!