Bursting with a peppy flavour, the Pudina Pulao is a delightful one-dish meal , which you can just serve with a cup of curds. Flavoured with a tempering of spices and a zesty paste of aromatic herbs like coriander and mint, this rice dish is totally awesome. Tomatoes add a tinge of tanginess to this dish, accentuating the cheerful aroma and taste of the herbs. The Pudina Pulao is also easy to make as it is pressure-cooked, and also made with just common ingredients. You can include it as part of your everyday cookbook. Enjoy this spicy rice hot and fresh with a cup of curds.
|For green paste:|
|Chopped mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((phudina,roughly chopped))|
|Roughly chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((dhania))|
|Chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon ((roughly chopped))|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon ((lehsun,roughly chopped))|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon ((adrak))|
|Freshly grated coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon ((jeera))|
|Long grained rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((basmati,washed and drained))|
|Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamom||1 ((dalchini,small stick))|
|Bay leaf||1 ((tejpatta))|
|Thinly sliced onions||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon ((haldi))|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
For the green paste
1.Combine all the ingredients along with cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
2. Soak the rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes,. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add the green paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the rice, little salt and 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
8. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
9. Mix it gently and serve hot with curds.