Feel like having a breakfast of idli and sambhar but dont have batter on hand? Worry not, you can still entertain your whims with this Instant Bread Idli. Made with an innovative batter of bread crumbs and idli rawa, this Instant Bread Idli is soft, fluffy and tasty. A dash of curds gives the idli a nice, mildly tangy taste while a pinch of fruit salt gives it the perfect mouth-feel. The best part is that this batter requires no fermenting, so you can make it any time you feel like.
|Fresh bread crumbs||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Idli rava ( cream of rice )||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Curd||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (dahi)|
|Fruit salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the bread crumbs, idli rawa, curds, salt and cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Add the fruit salt and cup of water and mix gently.
4. Pour spoonfulls of the batter into greased idli moulds.
5. Steam in an idli steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are cooked.
6. Cool slightly and demould all the idlis.
7. Serve hot with sambhar, coconut chutney and malgapodi.