Noodles and Frankies, two all-time favourite street foods come together in this innovative snack! Noodles, tossed with peppy Schezwan sauce and crunchy veggies, makes an exciting filling for rotis. Ingredients like chilli sauce, shredded veggies, cheese and chaat masala add more punch to the filling, making the Schezwan Noodle Frankie an absolutely mouth-watering affair.
|For the rotis:|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((((maida)))))|
|Whole wheat flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Tablespoon (((((For dusting)))))|
|For schezwan noodle stuffing|
|Schezwan sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled hakka noodles||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon ((((lehsun))))|
|Thinly sliced capsicum||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chilli sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cabbage||8 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onions||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated processed cheese||8 Tablespoon|
|Chaat masala||4 Teaspoon (((for sprinkling)))|
For the roti
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm (6) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little butter till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
4. Repeat step 3 to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
For the noodles
5. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on medium flame for a few seconds.
6. Add the capsicum, carrot and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add the Schezwan sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
8. Add the noodles and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
9. Place a roti on a clean, and dry surface.
10. Put tbsp of chilli sauce and spread it evenly.
11. Spread 2 tbsp of cabbage over it and 1 tbsp of onions.
12. Spread cup of the prepared Schezwan noodle stuffing and sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese over it.
13. Sprinkle 1 tsp of chaat masala over it and roll it up tightly.
14. Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more frankies.
15. Serve immediately.