A couple of readily-available, everyday ingredients come together to make a quick and easy dosa. The Instant Oats Dosa, as the name suggests, does not require you to grind and ferment a batter. Just mix together oats and a couple of other ingredients with curds, throw in some onions, green chillies et all for flavour, and the batter is ready to cook. This cannot be made as a thin dosa, but slightly thick like uttapa. It also needs to be cooked on both sides. Enjoy it fresh and hot off the tava. You can also try other recipes with oats like Oats Methi Muthia and Oats Idli .
|Quick cooking rolled oats flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice flour||2 Tablespoon (((chawal ka atta)))|
|Semolina||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (((rava / sooji)))|
|Fresh curd||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((dahi)))|
|Finely chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon ((dhania))|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with 1 cup of water and mix well.
2. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
3. Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") dosa and cook it using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more dosas.
5. Serve immediately with green chutney.