Rushichi Bhaji is a no onion no garlic authentic Maharashtrian vegetable / sabzi recipe made during Rushi Panchami which is the 2nd day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Our chef Archana shows you how to make rushichi bhaji with lots of fresh vegetables and a hint of green chilli.
|Green chillies||3 , chop|
|Colocasia leaves||10 , chop|
|Arbi||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop|
|Sweet potatoes||2 , chop (about 1 cup)|
|Lady finger||6 , chop|
|Raw bananas||2 , chop (about 1 cup)|
|Colocasia root||3 , chop (about 1 cup)|
|Yam||1/4 , chop (about 1 cup)|
|Cubed pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ridge gourd||1 , chop (about 1 cup)|
|Amaranth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Groundnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large pan, heat some oil. Once the oil is hot add green chillies.
2. Then add all the vegetables one after the other.
3. Add salt and grated coconut. Give it a good stir.
4. Add some water and cover it with a lid for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the lid after 10 minutes and mix well.
6. Again cover it for 5 minutes and let the vegetables cook.
7. Rushichi Bhaji is ready. This bhaji tastes best with plain rice or roti.