Learn how to make Sheera - Indian Sweet Pudding - Vegetarian Dessert Recipe by Ruchi Bharani In this Video, Chef Ruchi Bharani, teaches you how to cook Sheera, a typical Indian Sweet dish and also a favorite Indian Dessert, sometimes served as a holy offering on auspicious occasions as well.
|Semolina||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green cardamom powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Clarified butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond flakes||To Taste|
|Pistachio flakes||To Taste|
1. Boil milk and water for couple of minutes. Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
2. Put 1&1/2tbsp of clarified butter (ghee) into a frying pan and add semolina. Stir well on low flame and roast it till golden brown for 5 - 7 Minutes.
3. Add hot milk & water. Boil this till the water dries out completely.
4. Add sugar. Stir well
5. When the sheera is thick, add green cardamom powder, almond flakes and raisins.
6. Mix well till it stops sticking to the walls of the frying pan. Add clarified butter or ghee (Optional)
7. Plate this on a serving plate. Garnish it with few almond flakes & pistachio flakes. Enjoy!