Pav Bhaji Masala needs no introduction. It is the magic ingredient, which makes bhaji so appealing to almost everybody.
It lends a spicy flavour, rich colour and enticing aroma to any blend of veggies that it is added to, tickling the palate and delighting the senses. Whether for the bhaji served with pav to make the ever popular Pav Bhaji , or for other innovative dishes like Pav Bhaji Burger , Pav Bhaji Fondue , Pav Bhaji Sandwich or Pav Bhaji flavoured rice or noodles, this homemade Pav Bhaji Masala will add the punch required to make the dish a sure hit!
|Dry kashmiri red chillies||10 , broken|
|Coriander seeds||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (DHANIA)|
|Laung||6 Clove (30 gm) (lavang)|
|Cumin seeds||2 Tablespoon (jeera)|
|Fennel seeds||1 1/2 Tablespoon (saunf)|
|Black cardamom||4 (badi elaichi)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon (haldi)|
|Dried mango powder||2 Tablespoon (amchur)|
|Black salt||1 Tablespoon (sanchal)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon (kalimirch)|
1. Combine the Kashmiri dry red chillies, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon and cardamom in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
2. Remove and cool completely.
3. Blend in a mixer along with all the remaining ingredients till smooth.
4. Strain the mixture using a sieve.
5. Store in an air-tight container and used as required.