Nothing like this Neer Dosa to soothe your palate! Made with a simple batter of raw rice, this dosa has a soothing flavour and a mildly chewy texture that is very appealing. The batter for this dosa does not require any fermentation. Although simplicity is the highlight of the Neer Dosa, it requires a bit of expertise to prepare it perfectly. Make sure the tava is really hot before pouring the batter, and ensure the dosa is cooked well before you try to remove it, else you will end up with bits and pieces instead of a nice, big dosa!
If you like a bit of spice, serve it with coconut chutney or vegetable stew, else combine it with sweetened coconut churna. As a variant, grind some grated coconut along with the rice, for an even softer dosa.
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((soaked for 2 hours and drained))|
|Oil||1/4 Teaspoon ((for greasing))|
1.Combine the drained raw rice and cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 1 cup of water and salt and mix well.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) till red hot, sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
4. Grease the tava (griddle), with a little oil and pour approx. 5 tbsp of the batter on it and tilt the tava (griddle), in a circular motion to make a round dosa.
5. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Fold the dosa into a triangle.
6. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
7. Serve immediately with churna.