A simple topping of cheese and green chillies transforms uttapa into an exotic treat. Since salt is there in the batter, we have not added any salt to the topping. If the batter you buy has less salt, add the required amount to the batter itself. Prepare the uttapa in a mini format to give it an exciting, snacky appearance. While you could serve these Mini Cheese Uttapa with chutney and sambhar you could also give it a contemporary touch by serving with tomato sauce or Tomato Salsa!
|Idli batter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (((for greasing and cooking)))|
|Grated processed cheese||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
1.Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using a oil.
2. Pour a small spoonful of the batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds and spread in a circular motion to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
3. Sprinkle 2 tsp of the topping evenly over each of the 7 mini uttapas and press it gently so that the topping sticks well to the batter.
4. Cook the uttapas, using oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 1 more batch.
6. Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.